Information We Collect
We collect personal information that you provide to us when you visit our website, register for an account, or sign up for our newsletter. This may include your name, email address, postal address, and other contact information.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we collect to:
- Provide you with access to our website and services;
- Process your registration for an account;
- Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications;
- Respond to your inquiries and requests;
- Analyze and improve our website and services.
We use non-personal information to:
- Monitor and analyze the use of our website;
- Identify and troubleshoot technical issues;
- Improve our website and services.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
We process your personal information based on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Consent: We may process your personal information if you have provided your consent for us to do so.
- Legitimate interests: We may process your personal information if we have a legitimate interest in doing so, such as improving our website and services or sending you marketing communications.
- Performance of a contract: We may process your personal information to fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- Legal obligations: We may process your personal information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Service providers: We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers that assist us with providing our website and services, such as email service providers or web hosting companies.
- Legal requirements: We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are required to do so by law or in response to a court order, subpoena, or other legal process.
- Business transfers: We may disclose your personal information to a third party in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, unless a longer retention period is required by law. We will also retain your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to access your personal information;
- The right to correct your personal information;
- The right to request the deletion of your personal information;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information;
- The right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal information;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information.
To exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://thesoftball.ninja
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.